Thursday 8 April 2010

10 weeks

Both babies had their first vaccinations today so I've been told to expect them to be a bit unsettled for the next day or two. Fingers crossed they will be okay. I was dreading having them done as they have been through so many pokes with needles I didn't want them to have anything done that isn't 100% necessary but the doctors convinced me they really do need them so it was done this afternoon. It wasn't actually as bad as I was expecting. They gave the babies a sugar solution first which is supposed to help with the pain and they hardly cried at all. They were both fast asleep again minutes later and seemed perfectly settled when I left.

A new baby came in overnight, born at 23 weeks and 6 days. She weighs the same as Harry weighed at birth and she looks so fragile and tiny. It's only been 10 weeks since Joe and Harry were born, but I have already forgotten what those first weeks were like. Or maybe I just don't want to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment