Sunday 2 May 2010

Intensive Care x2

Joe is now in Intensive care with his brother. He had a couple of nasty desats/bradys requiring bagging so the doctors have put him back on cpap to give him a bit of a rest. He is still nil by mouth and is absolutely ravenous. Poor little chap tries to suck on anything that gets near his mouth. Can't think where he gets his appetite from....!

Harry came off his cpap yesterday evening and has remained stable today. He has had some fleeting desats and one bradycardia episode but on the whole seems okay. They have restarted him on some milk, tiny amounts compared to what he is used to but it will gradually be increased if he tolerates it well. I'm hoping that he will be moved back to the nursery tomorrow, I really have no confidence that the nurses in the room he is in now will spot when he needs help. Monitors flash red and beep constantly in there and no-one seems to take much notice of them.

Both babies are still on IV antibiotics until they get the results of their blood tests tomorrow.

Harry was weighed today and is 5lbs 4oz. He is looking wonderful since he had some blood, like a different baby. He has gone from ghostly white to lovely and pink and his puffiness has really reduced. Yesterday his neck and legs were really fluidy but today they are much better. Joe wasn't weighed today as we didn't want to disturb him but his puffiness is also lots, lots better.

Things got a bit complicated on the new pushchair situation. If you remember I returned my Bugaboo Cameleon that I desperately wanted because I was being hormonal, so I decided to replace it with a Bugaboo Bee. The Bee arrived and was totally not suitable, it didn't lay flat enough, and it was a real pain to fold and open in the rear-facing position. so we took it back. Now I have ordered a Phil and Teds Vibe, with Peanut carrycot and doubles seat. I'm thinking this ticks all my boxes - it has a carrycot so lays flat, nice sized basket, and I can used it for two babies when they are bigger. When it arrives I think we will be covered on the pushchair front as it will be joining a Mountain Buggy Twin, a Jane Powertwin, and a Roadster Duo. However, I am currently coveting the Icandy Peach Blossom, so watch this space... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment